Sage is here to help.
Feel like you could be eating better? Not sure what to change or where to look? Sage Nutirious Solutions make it easy for you to discover the wide, wonderful world of balanced, healthy, bangin' food.
Fiery Patricia Melts
Preparation Time: approximately 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 burger; Serves about 4
2 Slices on The Slice Plan
1 lb ground beef, 85% lean
2 TB McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
1 TB olive oil
½ onion, sliced thin
6 baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup ketchup
2 TB mayonnaise
2 tsp pickle relish
1 tsp sri racha
4 slices Swiss cheese
¼ cup pickled jalapeños, sliced
½ Avocado, sliced
4 slices rye bread
1. Make burgers by mixing together beef and steak seasoning using your hands. Divide into 4 equal sized hockey puck shapes. Place on skillet or grill pan and cook on each side for 7 minutes. This should result in medium to medium-well doneness. Cook longer if you like your meat more cooked, but you will likely use some deliciousness if you do. Top with jalapeños then Swiss cheese; allow to melt.
2. Sauté onions and mushrooms in olive oil under low heat, covered, until soft. Remove cover and cook until slightly brown over high heat. Add balsamic and cook until liquid is mostly cooked off.
3. Meanwhile, make special sauce by mixing together ketchup, mayo, relish, and sri racha.
4. Toast rye bread in toaster or on stove top. Butter that bread if you’re cooking it on the stove and get it really golden brown.
5. Assemble between 2 slices of Rye Bread: avocado + burger + onions/mushrooms + special sauce. Add extra ingredients as desired.
Turn-Out and Storage
Serve immediately with roasted sweet potato fries (shown).
The burgers may be stored under refrigeration for up to 3 days.