Sage is here to help.
Feel like you could be eating better? Not sure what to change or where to look? Sage Nutritious Solutions make it easy for you to discover the wide, wonderful world of balanced, healthy, bangin' food.
Coconut Date Balls
Preparation Time: approximately 10 minutes
Serving Size: 4 (1 oz) balls (Makes about 7 servings)
2 cups walnuts or pecans
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 cups Energy Dates: Khudri*, pitted
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
Options: 1 cup shredded coconut or ¼ cup cocoa powder (for rolling)
- In a large food processor fitted with an "S" blade, process the nuts and coconut until crumbly.
- Add in the dates, vanilla, salt, water; process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons into 1 oz portions (you may use a scale to weigh), then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Optional: roll in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
Turn-Out and Storage
Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
*Made using Energy Dates from 7D Variety. Click the link to learn more about this product!